Monday, April 6, 2009

Why you don't mess with the Chinese!

When we were in NYC we went to china town and they just let us roam by ourselves for an hour an a half. It was a very interesting unique experience all i have to say is don't you dare upset the Chinese!! The streets were lined with little shops and carts selling merchandise, they all had bright colors but mostly red covered everything. we went into a small little shop and as soon as we walked in we had two Chinese ladies approach us and ask what you want, what you want i make special price for you before we even had a chance to look at anything. Then if they saw you look at anything they got it and would ask you what color or size i wanted. when you answered they started heading for the counter shouting prices and saying you buy you buy. Oh they were crazy and some were seriously unbalanced! Then if you said no or your not sure they would speak a hundred miles and hour in Chinese and put it back, or ask if you wanted something else. It was hard to escape some of the shops you would just have to walk out while they are shouting at you, it was kinda scary sometimes not going to lie. We went into this one particular shop and i started looking at the I love NYC sweatshirts. Of course the lady asked my size and which one so i told her she got it down and handed to me i held it up to me and was trying to decide if thats what i wanted. While i was doing this she ran over to the counter to get the phone an started speaking so fast i couldn't believe it! I decided I would look at another shop, so i folded it back up and stuck it on the self. Instantly the little Chinese lady was there grabbing the sweatshirt off the shelf and yelling at me saying no no no you don't touch you make a mess you want anything you ask me no no your messy! She seriously scared me i didn't know what to think so i just left and didn't get a sweatshirt. Also when your trying to purchase something you barter with them over a price, which can get a little scary as well. It all depends on if they like you or not, kandice bought a keychain for $2.50. Then Jayci went to go buy the same one she got out $3.00 expecting change back. But the man that was selling it said it was $3.69 for the exact same keychain he sold five minutes earlier Jayci is still mad about it. Oh and i have to tell you about the perfume psycho we went into this shop and this guy had this whole wall of perfumes. He asked us if we wanted one and started taking stuff off the shelf and opening it up and shoving it in our faces to smell. I said i didn't want one but he wouldn't stop talking so i asked for a certain kind to smell, thinking what could it hurt. Alot i found out he took it off the self opened it just like before he shoved it in my face and then quickly put it back in the box. I didn't even get to smell it all i smelt was alchohol so i told him no but then he started going down on the price and asking me what i would pay. I told him no again but just kept asking and talking to me i wanted to say NO I DON'T WANT THE STUPID PERFUME YOU PSYCHO! But i didn't i just ran out while he was talking to me and he walked out of the shop and kept yelling prices. He was seriously psycho i think all the fumes must have got to his head or something! Thats why you just don't mess with the Chinese they just go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this post was so long Mrs. Scott but i felt it needed to be this long in order to get out my point and experience of China town. Have fun reading :)

    ReplyDelete