Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why i will never enter a zoo!!

Okay so when i was ten years my grandma took me to the zoo for my birthday. When we went in we asked the ranger guy what time the zoo closes. He said that they would come get everyone when it was time to lock up. So granny and me set off exploring all the different exhibits and wild creature. After we were done exploring the whole zoo we headed back to the main entrance. But the gates were locked and no one was in sight! AHH we had a little panic attack as we realized we were locked in the zoo with lions tigers and bears oh my! But not only were we locked in there we animals on the loose. Apparently they let all the crazy birds and flamingos go wild while the zoo is locked. So that was a little freaky, we started circling the outer perimeter of the zoo looking for a way to escape or another exit. But no if your locked in the zoo your locked in the zoo. We headed back to the main entrance and sat there for awhile. My grandmother doesn't have a cell phone so there was no way to call for help. (By the way Mrs. Scott cell phones are useful sometimes like in this case.) Anyways back to my scary zoo adventure, we continued to wait there yelling for help occasionally. I thought we were going to have to stay there till morning. My grandma didn't help either she kept saying you ready to sleep in the zoo. Then we saw a mom and her little daughter walking over to the playground across the street to swing. We got up and really started yelling she came over and grandma explained the whole situation to her. We ended up waiting there for awhile longer for a guy with a key to come let us out. I being ten at the time was not very happy and upset that this had to happen on my birthday because cake was waiting for me at home. We finally got out but if that lady across the street hadn't been there i might of had to sleep in the zoo. This was one of my most tragic moments in my life it was terrible. That is why i do not go to the zoo anymore. Moral of this story if you do have the need to go to the zoo MAKE SURE THEY TELL YOU WHAT TIME THEY LOCK THE GATE!! Or you might end up locked in or worse.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I think it would have been funny to be locked into the zoo. Maybe you should have sued them for mental distress and future fear of entering zoos. What will your kids do?

    Mrs. Scott

    ReplyDelete